COVID-19 Staying at home, pre-existing conditions, high risk patients and more...
If you think you might have coronavirus or you’ve been in close contact with someone who has it, visit NHS 111 online coronavirus service for advice.
If you need further advice, use the NHS 111 online service.
Well-being while staying at home
Staying at home (self-isolating) can be difficult, but it’s important to stop coronavirus (COVID-19) spreading to other people.
If you are eligible then help and support is available with everyday tasks from an NHS volunteer responder. They can help with things like collecting shopping, medicines and prescriptions.
Visit NHS Every Mind Matters for advice, practice advice and support groups.
If you cannot wait to see a doctor and feel unable to cope or keep yourself safe, it’s important to get support.
To stay fit and healthy whilst at home, try the NHS Home workout videos.
For more advice and information, please see our COVID-19 Information and Support page.
Advice for patients with pre-existing conditions
- Macmillan – Guidance for people with cancer.
- Asthma UK – Specific information about COVID-19 for people with asthma.
- Blood Cancer UK – Coronavirus and covid vaccine information for people affected by leukaemia, lymphoma, myeloma, MDS, MPN, or any blood cancer.
- Diabetes UK – Information for people living with diabetes and their families.
- Kidney Care UK – Guidance for patients with kidney disease.
- www.gov.uk – For information on face coverings and how to obtain an exeption card
- www.tfgm.com – To request your journey assistance card for Greater Manchester Transport